Digital transformation = Transforming your Security
Digital transformation opens the path to new cyberattacks
Organisations of all sizes have embraced digital transformation to create new business models and ecosystems, deliver new products and services and operate more efficiently in the digital economy. Cyberattacks are inevitable in the digital age and while digital transformation opens up a whole new world of opportunities, this is your new cyberattack-surface to defend.
2018 is the year where cyber risks are quantified and measured alongside every other business risk and every strategic business decision will rely on it. Because it can threaten your companies raison d’être. Your customers, your reputation, your environment, your data, your assets and your employees.
Making your company to handle innovations more efficiently means transforming security from stating and siloed visibility to dynamic and holistic visibility across the modern attack surface. This elastic attack surface has created a massive gap in an organization’s ability to truly understand its cyber exposure at any given time.
Here are the 7 security mantras to hold on to while transforming your security:
- “The auditor is a watchdog, not a bloodhound”: Acaudit and assesments to explore existing weaknesses in your systems, applications and infrastructure. Create a baseline and a roadmap.
- “Protect what you love”: With enterprise IOT as a new threat vector & the endpoint as building block of the modern network, you need to putt all reasonable measures in place in order to prevent attacks from happening or having impact. Backup, Patch, Protect, Encrypt, Authenticate, Authorise & Restrict.
- “We need to be Visionary, we have to be bold”: Create a framework built on Artificial Intelligence to combine all behaviour, logs and risks in 1 dashboard to ensure holistic and dynamic visibility.
- “Teamwork makes the dream work”: Build your security think tank by selecting and training the best-in-class internal & external resources that are able to analyse, evaluate, interpret and take the appropriate actions.
- “Rise to the bait”: Build a breach response strategy to evaluate the impact, stop the breach, provide compliance reporting, ensure data recovery & communicate internal and external.
- “If you think compliance is expensive, try non-compliance”: The board of every organization is directly responsible for ensuring it complies with the laws and regulations relating to data security, data retention and record management. Install compliancy and governance measures to facilitate continuous improvement.
- “Do what you do best and outsource the rest”: Free time to focus on strategy by outsourcing the implementation, monitoring and “keeping the lights on” to a strategic business partner with SLA’s based on availability, performance and trust
By 2020, 60% of digital businesses will suffer major service failures
Gartner predicts that by 2020, 60% of digital businesses will suffer major service failures due to the inability of IT security teams to manage digital risk. Successfully avoiding this will only be able by keeping control and letting the future run through the office of the CIO & CISO. For years considered a minor player in the C-suite, CIO’s and CISO’s now find themselves thrust onto the centre stage of one of the most profound business transformations in history. Indeed, it could be argued that in many respects, with technology so important to an organization’s continuing viability and success, no other business executive holds more responsibility for the future of an organisation.
Business transformation is no longer a question of if, but WHEN
Companies that are able to adapt to this security transformation will see a sustained competitive advantage over the ones that aren’t.
How ready is your enterprise? Let’s find out together! Please fill out the contact form on the right hand side of your screen.
Prodata Systems offers the most comprehensive portfolio of security services protecting against evolving malware, ransomware, and data breaches.
Call us +32 2 722 13 11
or fill in the form